Monday, February 20, 2017

Phase 3 Continues to Continue

This time last year, I didn't own any boats. Now, I own two! I finally got the seat installed correctly. It took a couple of tries. Each try required deflating one of the cells and then re-inflating it. Not an easy task. At any rate, I carried it off of the finger dock and down on to the sandy beach. That's 55 pounds of awkwardness. But, I got it in the water and rowed it around a bit. Yay, it floats.
I had the motor unboxed and mostly put together the other day. There were still a couple of prep items that needed to be done. And yesterday, I went out and got a gas can, some 2 cycle oil, and gas. I did the final prep and mounted the motor on the back of the dinghy. It only took a few pulls and it started right up. I ran it up and down the little channel between the beach and the pilings that make up the docks. It doesn't have a keel, so it is a little difficult to control.  But, as I said the dinghy floats and the motor pushes. It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment