Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Last Days of Erie

I'm reluctant to call any part of this adventure boring. Every day, I'm sailing into the relative unknown. I'm seeing new places and doing new things. That said, heading out into the lake and steering for the next marina means driving in a straight line for 5 or 6 hours. I've been 2 to 3 miles offshore, so there really isn't much to see. And, there is nothing to do except steer. So, the days are long. I'm really glad that I invested in the Sirius/XM radio. What a difference that makes!
After the Hall of Fame I hopped to Huron Municipal Marina. Nice place, but I got weathered in for a couple of days. Fortunately, there was a nice restaurant near-by and a Walmart that I could Uber to.
From Huron to Foxhaven Marina. Foxhaven was a quick and dirty. I hardly even left the boat. Headed out early for Brest Bay Marina.
Brest Bay was the last call for Lake Erie.
On 8 Aug I headed out of Brest Bay and up the Detroit River.

No comments:

Post a Comment