Thursday, November 10, 2016

Phase 2 Begins

By Tuesday night, I had reached southern Alabama. As I had an 11am appointment with the Escambia County School District, I decided to spend the night in a motel. It was a dump, but I was able to sleep, get the election news, and have a shower.
I drove the remaining two hours to Pensacola and got to my appointment. In about an hour, I was done. I'm officially a substitute teacher for the school district. I'm waiting for an email that will explain how to get to the sub phone system to start getting assignments.
After the meeting, I went to the boat. Good news/bad news. There may be a problem with the engine start battery system. We tried charging the batteries at the marina. We spent a couple of hours waiting for that. During the wait, I looked for a canvas shop. Found one. I'd like to enclose the cockpit so that I have a little more living room in foul weather. The shop owner is going to try to get to the boat Today (Thursday). I also found a marine electrician. I'd like to have an extra bilge pump installed.
We finally got the boat in the water, but had to start the engine using the house batteries for a jump start. A quick cruise back to the marina and the boat is mine. I loaded all the stuff I bought and brought with me. I ate some dinner, had a glass of wine at the Oyster Bar (the Marina's restaurant).
I went to bed around 10pm and had a pretty good night's sleep.
Oh, and there is a little problem with the boat's registration. The lawyer hired to take care of that finally got around to mailing the paperwork to WV last Thursday. Of course, I haven't received it. So we'll have to figure something out.
I've got a few things to do today and I hope to be able to go out for a cruise this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment