Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Erie Canal Lock #2

Actually, lock 2 is the first lock on the canal. And, I am here, tied to the municipal dock in Waterford, NY, looking at the lock doors.
From Shadows Marina in Poughkeepsie, I jumped to Riverview Marina in Catskill, NY. I almost consider that a second home. My Aunt Janis and Uncle George lived in Catskill and my grandparents (Aunt Janis' parents) lived about an hour north of Catskill. I spent a lot of summers, holidays, and long weekends visiting there. Riverview is a pretty nice marina and it's only about a mile into the center of Catskill. After a shower, I walked into town and had a nice dinner at La Conca D'oro. I had eaten there lots of times before. I must say that the chicken piccata was wonderful. The walk back to the marina was pleasant, filled with memories of being there when I was much younger.
After a cool, I had to put on a blanket, night of pleasant sleep, I got started fairly early and headed to Albany, NY. It is another place that I spent some time when I was younger. I overnighted in the Albany Yacht Club. I decided on a late start. I had a big breakfast at a near-by diner and did a load of laundry before heading out.
I was going to try to make it to Schenectady, but decided to take advantage of the free dock in Waterford. I got some grocery shopping done and am now enjoying a cool quiet evening looking at lock #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment