Sunday, April 30, 2017

End of Month 1

Here I am at the end of the first full month of cruising the Great Loop. I am in Venice, Florida. I'm spending a second night here because I spent part of yesterday and all of today visiting my cousin Randy and his family. They live about half an hour away from where I'm docked. More on that later. More on my stop in Gulfport, later.
I just wanted to get it on record that I've completed my first month, not without troubles, but a great month nonetheless. What I want to say is that I've cruised 580.5 statute miles in my first month out. I'm really pleased with that. I'm under budget for fuel, boat maintenance, and my miscellaneous category. I'm way over for food and marinas. But, all in all, everything worked.
The surprise bonuses had to do with meeting friends in Gulfport and family in Venice.
I'll be back later with a recap of the month and a better entry for the last several days of cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment