Saturday, April 8, 2017

Through the Cut

Apparently there are a couple of names for the 15 miles or so of the intra-coastal waterway that connect Choctawhatchee Bay to West Bay. I've also heard "The Grand Canyon" and "The Ditch". Regardless of what it is called, it was beautiful.
Traveler Through The Cut
So, Butler Cove this morning was a completely different place from Butler Cove last night. The wind was coming from one direction and the waves were coming from a different direction. I spent a lot of the night rocking and rolling on the waves. I got some sleep and it seemed to start to settle down around 4a. I got up to see if the anchor was holding and it was!
This morning, with no wind, it was flat calm water all the way through the ditch and across most of West Bay. It was a great cruising day. I found my way to St. Andrews Marina in Panama City. Nice place. Much less expensive than Baytowne and they even have floating docks. Should be a snug, comfortable night.
South side of The Cut

No comments:

Post a Comment