Monday, September 18, 2017

Jump to Port Austin

August 16-19, 2017
Tony came with the new water pump and had it installed  by 1330. We did a quick run up and I cast off my lines and headed to Port Austin.
The run to Port Austin was only about 26 miles. Fortunately, it was uneventful. I am pleased to report that the mast did just fine and the water pump works as intended. Both of those items had me really worried, so it was a load off my mind.
I wound up having to spend 3 days in Port Austin. The weather turned really bad, lots of wind and rain. I mostly stayed on the boat, but I did get out to do some grocery shopping at the little market in town. There was also a Farmer's Market on Saturday the 19th. Kind of fun.
The weather report for the 20th seemed reasonable so, I charted a course for Lewisville. In Michigan terms that's from the tip of the thumb to the middle knuckle of your index finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment